Website migration services in Iowa City.
A website migration is a term used to describe any substantial changes made to a website that can potentially affect its ranking in search engine results. This can include changes to the site’s location, platform, structure, content, design, or user experience.
Iowa City IT is a premier computer repair shop in Iowa City, and we’re more than ready to help with your website migration. With our team of expert technicians and web designers, we can perform a website migration that will optimize your site for improved SEO results, ensuring that you show up in search. Call our Iowa City computer repair center today!
Why is website migration important?
Migrating your website to a new platform can be a daunting task, but it is crucial in order to maintain your ranking and traffic. If done incorrectly, you could see a significant drop in business. However, by following a few simple steps, you can ensure a successful migration.
We know the website migration process best:
- Planning: Migrating a website can be a complex project that can take several months. It’s important to have a plan in place so that each task has an owner and an expected delivery date. Any dependencies should be identified and included in the project plan. For instance, redirects cannot be tested until the redirect mapping has been completed and the redirects have been implemented on staging.
- Preparation Before Launch: As the new site is developed, there are a number of activities that need to be carried out in order to ensure its success. SEO requirements should be gathered early on in the process so that they can be implemented properly. It is also important to provide feedback to the designers and information architects, so that the final product meets all expectations.
- Testing Pre-Launch: The earlier you can start testing, the better. Certain things need to be fully implemented to be tested, but others don’t. For example, user journey issues could be identified from as early as the prototypes or wireframes design. Content-related issues between the old and new site or content inconsistencies (e.g. between the desktop and mobile site) could also be identified at an early stage. However, the more technical components should only be tested once fully implemented—things like redirects, canonical tags, or XML sitemaps.
- Launch Day: The old website is going to be replaced by a new one soon. In the meantime, there may be some downtime—however, it’s best to try to keep it to a minimum. This is notable, because if the site is unavailable, the web server will respond with a 503 (service unavailable) server response. This tells search engine crawlers that the site is temporarily down for maintenance and they should come back later to crawl the site again.
- Post-Launch Analytics: This is the phase where you really need to put in the work. All the data and tools you have access to now can make a big difference in how your site ranks in the search engine results pages (SERPs). So don’t take this phase lightly! Any issues you encounter now can have a direct impact on your site’s performance. But on the bright side, the sooner you identify an issue, the sooner you can fix it.
- Measuring Performance: The million-dollar question on everyone’s mind is: has the site migration been successful? The answer to this question becomes clearer the longer you wait. For smaller sites, a four to six week period should be sufficient before comparing the new site’s visibility with the old site’s. For large websites, you may have to wait for at least two to three months before measuring.
The benefits of website migration:
A well-done website platform migration can also confer signifcant advantages to a business, including improved customer experience, increased conversion rates and ROI, and streamlined processes.
Through the migration to a new platform, businesses can take advantage of new features and capabilities that can lead to tangible improvements in operations and bottom-line results.
When the new site is implemented, businesses can see their SEO traffic increase dramatically. With a properly-optimized website, search engines can place the newly-migrated platform higher in SERPs as a sign of increased value for website visitors.
Value Add for Customers
Loyalty programs are a great way to keep customers coming back, and mobile apps make it easy to offer these rewards. Instead of using cards that can be easily lost or forgotten, customers can receive their rewards through the app. This not only makes it more convenient for them, but also encourages more downloads and return visits.
A-level computer repair in Iowa City.
Are you looking for a reliable IT partner to help your business in Iowa City? Look no further than Iowa City IT! We offer a wide range of computer repair and support services that are designed to help our clients reach their goals.
We’re always available to answer any questions you may have, so don’t hesitate to contact us today to learn more about how we can help take your business to the next level.